Welcome to the Veterinary Board of the Northern Territory
The Veterinary Board of the Northern Territory is established under the Veterinarians Act with the following prescribed functions:
- promoting high standards of professional conduct in the provision of veterinary services;
- determining applications for registration from veterinarians and veterinary specialists wishing to practise in the Northern Territory;
- exercising the disciplinary powers conferred by the Act;
- investigating matters relating to the professional conduct of registered veterinarians or veterinary specialists, or the provision of veterinary services;
- issuing guidelines in relation to standards to be observed by registered veterinarians and veterinary specialists in and in connection with the provision of veterinary services;
- making the public aware of its existence and its functions;
- giving advice, where requested, on matters relating to the professional conduct of a registered veterinarian or veterinary specialist or the provision of veterinary services; and
- investigating suspected offences against the Act and prosecuting such offences.
The Board’s role is to protect the public and guide the veterinary profession.
The Board is comprised of a combination of veterinarians appointed by the Minister, veterinarians elected by registered veterinarians by postal ballot and a non-veterinarian appointed by the Minister, to represent the public interest.
This website is dedicated to providing the veterinary profession and other stakeholders with tools, information and resources, including: